California/s industrial hemp law can be found in Division 24 of the California Food and Agricultural Code (FAC). The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) has also adopted Sections 4900, 4920, and 4921 in Title 3 of the California Code of Regulations pertaining to the registration fee and list of approved seed cultivars. Registration applications for growers and seed breeders may be downloaded from CDFA's website.
- A Stanislaus County license is required to cultivate industrial hemp.
- The deadline to submit an industrial hemp license application is July 18, 2019, 4:30 P.M.
- There is no fee required to submit an application.
- County Ordinance C.S. 1240 places additional restrictions on industrial hemp cultivation above State requirements.
- Download the application below and submit to the Agricultural Commissioner's office in person or by the following:
- Mail: 3800 Cornucopia Way, Suite B, Modesto, CA 95358
- E-mail: Agcom50@stancounty.com
- Fax: (209) 525-4790